Monday, September 28, 2009

He Makes Me Smile.....


If you've read this blog before, you've read how my husband thinks EVERYTHING is a competition.  The day to day things we take for granted, Peerless has to excel at.  "Fun" card games lose their "fun", because rather than have the spirit of "fun" competition, he just. wants. to . win.  He subconsciously keeps count of who has the most jeans (I swear he does), shoes (no joke), bottles of cologne....hopefully you get the picture.  I've convinced myself over the years that this competitiveness is just inherent to his makeup as an athlete, however there are times when he is just downright abnormal.  

Take a few moments ago, for instance.  He comes out of the bathroom so uber sexy with toothpaste foam around his mouth, fresh out of the bath tub.  He looks at me oh so adoringly and begins to tell me how I should yearn for him nonstop because, (sit down for this reasoning), he "brushes his teeth and has good hygiene."  I nearly pee'd on myself laughing at this man.  To make things WORSE, he let me know that the reason he brushes his teeth SOOO much (thereby making his hygiene so impeccable) is because he sees me in a constant competition with him over who can brush our teeth the most.  HUH????  Yes, my husband believes I am competing with him over who can brush our teeth the most during the daytime.  12 years ago I HAD to have this man, because he was/is the love of my life.....12 years later I have to have this man, because--while he still is the love of my life--he KEEPS me laughing. He is PRICELESS!  

No comments: