Friday, May 1, 2009

This girl is FOR REAL....

I KNOW you guys think I exaggerate when I talk about Caeden's athletic ability.  I KNOW you all think I make things up to make her seem better than what she is.  I KNOW it.  But guess what? I'M NOT JOKING.  This child is FOR REAL.  I have NEVER met a child who naturally exudes athletic ability like C does!!!

Take today for instance, Mimi, Peerless, Kai Baby, and I all went up to the school for Field Day.  I remembered how much fun field day was when I was growing up, but I somehow forgot how Field day gave you the ULTIMATE bragging rights.  You could LITERALLY walk away as the fastest kid in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. grades.  In my old age I somehow allowed these important details to go straight out of my head.

I was reminded of this notion today.  My child signed up for, and competed in EVERY single event in field day.  I won't try to say she placed 1st in EVERY event, but let's do the tallying:

50 Yard dash:  1st Place
Sack Race:  1st Place
4x1 Relay:  1st Place *please believe she was the anchor
100 meter dash: 2nd  Place
1 Lap race: 2nd Place
Victorious in 3rd grade tug of war

She didn't place in the three legged race or the piggyback race, but she had fun, so I'm just as happy for her.  She is unbelievable, I tell ya.  She was in 1st place the entire way through the one lap race, and then she got a cramp, got tired, and eased up.  

She also had a personal victory in the form of her dad.  He was a field day "parent volunteer", and he also participated in the teacher/parent race.  One guess what he placed...jogging at a comfortable pace....still 1st.  You gotta love sports!

1 comment:

Kembree said...

pictures, we need pictures!!