Monday, August 25, 2008

The Real versus the Fake

My aunt, Venessa, sent a message through my mom today that I wasn't a "real blogger", because I hadn't been able to post an entry in a while.  So, even having spent and hour and a half in the doctor's office today to be told that I have a "virus", I am sitting down to catch you guys up on the happenings in my life.

This past weekend was a blast.  We had my mom's housewarming party on Saturday afternoon (early) and then Caeden's 8th birthday party late afternoon.  I don't know about you guys, but any time I have any kind of social gathering I am always a little nervous about the turnout.  It's like one big, never ending ball of WHAT IF.  What if I don't have enough food? What if I forget to get drinks? What if there isn't enough seating? What if there aren't enough people to sit in the seats I have? What if, what if, what if?????  So, Saturday I had a double dose of the 'what ifs' worrying about people coming to my mom's housewarming party and then worrying about Caeden having a nice turnout for her birthday party.  I am so happy to say that both events were huge successes.  My mom was beaming from ear to ear showing her home to our friends and family who came over, and Caeden was happier than a pig in slop as she skated, sang, ate, and laughed her way through the evening.  

As women, I think we have the tendency to overthink certain things.  I'm pretty sure that that's why instead of basking in the glory of those wonderful occasions, I was uber worried about people enjoying themselves, eating enough, being comfortable.  Things went off without a hitch, so I'm pleased.  I have a zillion pictures of the skating rink (sorry, Mimi, none at the house), so I'll get some up as soon as possible.

I have soooooo much more to type, but for now I must go.  There's a naked 8 year old in my bathtub screaming my name, followed by a naked 18 month old saying the same, so I have to go make them smell normal, again, and put them in bed....I'm planning to be in bed by 9:06 myself!!! No joke.

No comments: