Monday, August 11, 2008

School's in....Almost

Well, today marked the beginning of the chapter in Caeden's life we will call "Lakeview."  There we went--Peerless, my mom, Kai Baby, Caeden, and me--to Lakeview's drop in day today to check out Caeden's classroom, teacher, find out bus information, all that.  I was so nervous my stomach was a wreck.  Caeden, on the other hand, was cool as a cucumber, and had made a new B.F.F. by the time we left school grounds.

From what I gathered today, her teacher is one of the school's favorites.  Several kids who had her last year said what a wonderful teacher she was, and the parents seemed equally as thrilled to have had her.  Caeden spent her time in the classroom running around with a little girl named Anna, laughing, smiling, and making new friends.  

We also got the information for her bus route, which I still don't feel GREAT about!!!  Her daddy is cool with it, though,  so this is one battle I'm going to fight silently.  I'm just hoping Caeden realizes that riding the bus means she has to get up at 6:40, so we can leave the house by 7:05; being taken by Mommie means she could sleep another 40 minutes...I guess I'm the only person sleep is important to around here.

Again, Kai is NOT going to school. I'm just not ready to put her in an organized program--one or two or three days a week-- so I'm going to continue her regular schedule.  Maybe next year! LOL.

Peerless is doing great.  He actually was approached at open house about the possibility of coming out and lending some of his football expertise to the school's program.  They're a young group, but they show a great deal of potential.  I think he's really interested, so we'll see what happens with that.

Mimi is settling into her place.  Tonight was the first night she spent there alone, and she was kind of bummed about that, but I'm sure she won't miss being woken up at 2 am with "Mimi, Mimi...." sounds. 

I'll take pictures of Caeden tomorrow so we can all se how cute she is in her uniform.  Hopefully I won't revert back to kindergarten and leave her at school (yep, I'm taking her tomorrow) crying...not her, me.

No comments: